Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

4.14.2008

Weird Dancing Old Men

Friday night we trekked out to Glendale to see Jon Bon Jovi. Jimmy's dad had won tickets on the radio (shocker) and had given them to us as he couldn't go. We assumed that considering they were from the radio station, they had to be good seats, right? WRONG. We final found our section and as we looked down we realized, our seats are right behind the freaking stage... seriously! When I wasn't trying to see around a three foot wide bunch of cables, I was staring at the back of the performers heads. After a few minutes we realized that the seats at the end of our row, which weren't blocked by the annoying cables weren't filled, so we moved down and could at least enjoy the back of their heads without dodging the cables.

Part I: Daughtry. He was EXCELLENT. I really really like him. Considering he came to fame through American Idol, I was thinking that he might be a little cheesy, but not at all. He was really good and is a great rocker! I like him and his band... you should too.

Part II: Jon Bon Jovi/Richie Sambora and gang. So, Sambora is cool... he comes out in this long purple trench coat thing and was rocking out on his guitar and at one point sang his own little diddy... I like him, kind of. Now Bon Jovi on the other hand, a little creepy. The man CANNOT dance and shouldn't... ever! He sings alright, although when him and Chris Daughtry did a duet, Daughtry totally outsang Bon Jovi. Anyway, Bon Jovi kept doing all these really odd bouncy dance moves that would be more fit to a Sun City Sunday Night Canasta/Dance party... it was odd. I mean, your supposed to be Rock N' Roll, not the Jitterbug. Seriously. I only really enjoyed about three of their songs and Jimmy was pissed because we didn't get to hear "Wanted" because we left before their set was over in an effort to beat traffic. I know, we suck.

Anyway, other than his creepy dancing and the bad seats, it was a good show (but I can't guarentee I'd be saying that if I had actually had to pay for the tickets).

Other than that, this weekend included laying sod and sleeping a lot. Nothing exciting. Promise.

1 comments:

Mrs. Amaral said...

Yea!! Daughtry is awesome. Joey and I saw him in Sept. He is definatly someone I would see again. At least that part of the concert was good and it wasn't a total bust!!! right???

love ya!!