Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

4.02.2008

Smuggling Budgies

So, this lunchtime update does not include LT... GASP!

Traci and I decided that we needed to get out of the office yesterday and we invited the always entertaining Hylton. Needless to say, any outing with Hylton is always entertaining as he is a master storyteller and has no qualms about what may or may not be inappropriate. The fact that he says it all with a fantastic British accent only makes it better.

Too much was discussed at lunch to include in this post, but the highlight of the day was this discussion.

Hylton: I went to kickboxing at the YMCA last night and Jaime (the instructor -- pronounced HI-MEE) was wearing REALLY SHORT SHORTS. He had underwear on, but you could still see up his shorts.

This little tidbit led to the discussion of being able to see "bulges". Think the running "sausage" scene from Juno. Hylton then enlightened us with our daily British 101 lesson.

Hylton: In the UK, they call parakeets "budgies". When a man has a noticable bulge in his pants, people will say, "Oh my, he's trying to smuggle a budgie."

It was classic. I guess you had to be there.

And if you are curious, Traci and I will be attempting to drop this fun line into our daily conversations.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am definitely sorry that I missed that one...