Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

4.08.2008

Weekend From HELL

I'm going to skip over Friday. Let's just say it doesn't need to be discussed. Bad things happened which led to me getting a group of 16 people kicked out of a Scottsdale club and getting puke on my husband's butt... bad bad bad night.


Saturday was spent recovering from my Friday night tryst.

Sunday was when the weekend got REAL fun. Jimmy and I were working on building the fence for our dog run on the side of the house. I had been doing something with the bottom of the gate and as I stood up I had slammed the top of my head into his temple. Needless to say, we were both seeing stars, but I was the one who whined about it... (my macho man husband doesn't whine.) So as I'm whining about my head, he looks at me and says, "You're such a baby, you need to develop a higher pain tolerance." This was the DEATH CURSE.

Not more than five minutes after his little sassy comment, this happens:

I'm holding the hinge for the gate as Jimmy is using the drill to screw it onto the post. As he is drilling the screw slips, stays attached to the drill bit and dives into my finger! I jump up freaking out of course and run toward the house. Jimmy runs over and asks me if it's bleeding... all I can say is I don't know! I didn't want to look at it. As we get inside the house, he runs me upstairs, turns on the water in the sink and forces my hand under the water. I look down and see the damage. The screw (still attached to the drill and moving) dove into my thumb. Went down the side of my cuticle and into my nail. It hurt SO FREAKING BAD. Then my oh so nice husband decides to pour peroxide on it... OUCH!

He felt so bad. He kept saying he was sorry and ended up taking me out to dinner and a movie Sunday night, but not until we finished the freaking fence... bandaged thumb and everything.

So yesterday I had to go get a tetanis shot seeing as I hadn't had one since I was like 8 and you're supposed to have them every 10 years. Then they took x-rays of my thumb to make sure the screw didn't hit anything important (it didn't) and then they soaked it in iodine and prescribed me some antibiotics to make sure there is no infection. So far so good. It is looking much better.

There was one gloriously shining moment to add to my four days of horror...

I FOUND THIS AT TARGET YESTERDAY:
If you can't tell what that is... It's called "Some Dude's Fry Sauce". That's right, I found pre-packaged FRY SAUCE in Arizona!!! I know all you people thought I was lying about the joys of fry sauce in Idaho, but it does exist!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Amaral said...

FRY SAUCE!!!!!!....YOU NEED TO SEND ME SOME PRONTO...oh..and ps...sorry about your bad weekend...i want details of friday night...sounds interesting!!

Anonymous said...

I love how you leave out the juicy stuff and just tell the parts of the story that will make us all feel bad for you :) Seriously though, OUCH!!!!! Glad you survived the weekend and are back...we missed you! (And by the way, I am only a little mad your lucky butt won the tickets and didn't use them!!!!)