Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

4.17.2008

Cubicle Life


My day to day existence consists of a cubicle. It lends to the eavesdropping habit that I love to cultivate, but it doesn't allow any privacy. This whole privacy issue is cause for concern... don't others know that....


I CAN HEAR YOU!


No? You don't realize that I can hear every phone conversation, every small and minute personal detail of that phone call with your gynocologist? Do you care that I don't give a crap on how to do payroll... keep your freaking voice down. We live in a world of cubicles, it isn't necessary for you to speak at 8 decibles higher than necessary. Are you partially deaf? If so, that's fine, maybe we can get you some special equipment.


The sad thing here is this post isn't directed at one person in particular... there are multiple obnoxiously loud speaking individuals in our cubicle land! I just don't get it... do you WANT me to know all the sad details in your life? Do you want me to know when your next appointment is, what your test results were, who died and how, or how to order office supplies? Granted the last one isn't personal business... that one is just me ranting at why you have to yell at the top of your lungs to explain to one person WHO IS IN YOUR CUBE WITH YOU how to order office supplies. It's not freaking rocket science...


Dear lord, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome... I love that you type how you speak.... I can actually hear you saying it...

Mrs. Amaral said...

I agree!! well said my friend....well said!!!!!

jeff said...

oh how I do miss those cubicle days...guess I will just have to let the koalas running around comfort me until I can return to my cube...sigh.