I'm so sorry. I've been neglecting this blog. I'm horrible. Horribly busy that is! Busy adoring the most perfect baby boy ever made. I could spend hours just staring... and I do, which leads to not blogging. Sorry... :/
Anyway, where to start...
In 5 days, James will be 5 months old. How the heck did that happen? How is my sweet tiny baby already turning in to a little man. It makes me sad, but at the same time I love watching him learn about this big world around him. He has such a fun personality and I love seeing it develop.
- We've mastered rolling from his back to his stomach. Rolling from his stomach to his back is a bit more challenging as his stubborn arm likes to get in the way, which makes him MAD.
- We can sit up for quite a while, but it's kind of a super hunched over sitting up... We'll get there.
- He likes to stand up and has REALLY strong little legs. I have a hunch he's getting a Jumparoo for Christmas, so that will REALLY make him happy.
- We have two tiny little teeth buds trying to pop out. They don't really seem to bother him too much but he likes to chew on ANYTHING and drools like crazy. We soak through multiple bibs each day.
- We are now in Size 3 diapers.
- We have started Rice Cereal and our first fruit was apple sauce. We will try pears in a few days.
- He was sleeping really well, but I believe we are now experiencing "4 month wakeful." His typical night is go to sleep 8-8:30, wake up 11:00, eat, go right back to sleep, wake up 3:00, eat, go back to sleep, wake up 6:00, eat, go back to sleep if it's the weekend and get up for good between 7:00-8:00. If it's a workday, we get up at 6ish. Not too bad and he goes right back to sleep, but he was doing a LOT better a few weeks ago and only waking up once... I hope that comes back soon.
- the boob
- his peek-a-boo animal book. He gets SO excited.
- His fishy play mat, he loves grabbing the dangling toys.
- The light up little Einstein toy... aka Baby Crack. Crying babies are INSTANTLY quieted by this amazing toy... Seriously. You must have.
- FOOD. Anytime anywhere... feed me.
Weight: 14 lbs. 5 ozs. (he's gained 6 lbs.)
Height: 25.75 inches (he's grown 5.25 inches)
Head Size: 16.5 inches (his head is 2.5 inches bigger)
I think that's the major stuff. Other than that, he is just perfect. His coos and laughs are the best. He is such a calm and happy baby. People are always telling me he's the most well-behaved baby they've ever seen. He only cries when he's hungry or tired.
I knew as a mother I'd love my baby. But I had no idea it was this overwhelming all encompassing love. Life has so much more meaning and everything you do is for this little person. It's been an amazing 5 months. He's taught me so much about him and about myself too. I can't wait to continue growing with him!
Anyway, I'll work on getting better about the posts. :)