Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2.23.2009

Week 20: Cantaloupe

Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!

Officially 1/2 way there! AH!!! I can't believe he is a cantaloupe. That seems so big! He is starting to move on a relatively normal schedule. I can feel him at about 10:00AM, right after lunch, late afternoon, and then at about 9:00 at night. It's so cool! I've only felt one or two definite kicks, it is still like he is rolling around most of the time. I LOVE IT!
Here is this week's pic. Remember this is in the AM, so it is much larger at night... still trying to figure out that phenomenon, who knows.

Anyway, I've been REALLY hungry lately, I'm attributing it to him having a growth spurt. I've had to eat a bowl of cereal every night at about 10:00PM otherwise I wake up at 3AM STARVING and have to get up to eat. This seems to alleviate that problem. Jimmy looks at me like I'm nuts, but I can't help it. Speaking of sleep, can you tell me what that is again? I cannot sleep through the night and I'm having a REALLY hard time getting comfortable. I'm a stomach sleeper, so not being able to sleep on my stomach anymore is getting to be really hard on me. I get really achy when I have to sleep on my sides so I end up wrapping myself around a pillow or sleeping on my back with a pillow wedged under one side. None of those options are all that comfy, but it's all I got... I've been told to look into the "pregnancy pillows" but have yet to set out on that venture... Oy.

0 comments: