Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2.02.2009

And, it's a...

The appointment went great. Baby looks fantastic. Here is a quick looksie, see if you can make out the pics...This is baby. Head is on the left. Baby is laying face down with head on the left side of my belly.This is our macho baby showing off the guns. You can see bicep and hand is curled into a fist on the left. On the right is the leg with a little foot on the bottom.
And, the money shot. IT'S A BOY!!! Arrow is pointing to his man parts. The ultrasound tech said she knows it's hard for us to make out what she's pointing at, but she is VERY familiar with babies and anatomy and it is DEFINITELY a boy. Jimmy's super excited. He asked me how big his balls are... My guess was the size of a pea... that didn't make him happy. I told him they grow, I promise. :)

There are a few minor issues that need to be monitored. My blood pressure is a little high, but not too bad, we just need to keep an eye on it. It went down quite a bit by the end of the appointment, I think I was just emotional over getting to stare at our baby boy for half an hour on the screen. I also have placenta previa which basically means my placenta is on the bottom of my uterus by my cervix instead of on the top where it's supposed to be. 90% of the time, it corrects itself and as the uterus grows, the placenta moves to the appropriate place. If it doesn't, I'm at higher risk of pre-term labor, bleeding, and if it's still there at the time of delivery, I will have to have a c-section. So, I have to have another ultrasound in 4 weeks to see if it's righting itself. So, let's hope that it does! More info on placenta previa can be found here.

I will post a belly pic a little later today. Yea for LITTLE BOYS!

3 comments:

Mrs. Amaral said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the ultra sound pics and am so happy that you and jim jim finally know the sex. Let the shopping begin!! I can't wait to see your ever growing bump! - love ya tons and again...CONGRATS!!

Hanna said...

Hahaha...I love how guys just like to talk about balls. awkward. Anyways-- Congratulations!

Lindsay said...

I'm so happy for you and Jimmy, Congratulations!!!