Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2.02.2009

No wonder I'm crying...

Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

Here is the weekly belly pic. I think I'm finally starting to look pregnant. I think I kind of popped this week, so YEA! Now that I know I have a bouncing baby boy jumping around in there it makes it all so much more real.

I started feeling him last week. It's so neat. I can't wait until I get some real kicks. Right now, it's mostly just flutters. Now that i know that his feet are on the right side of my belly, it makes sense seeing as that is where pretty much all the movement is. I'm so happy he looks healthy! Another ultrasound is scheduled for the beginning of March.

We've started looking at "stuff." Man, it's expensive. We will see how it goes, but I'm trying to convince Jimmy it's SO worth it... we'll see how that goes. He's already found a sports themed bedding set he likes. I was trying to go with minimalistic stuff for the nursery, but I might get stuck with a "ball" room. Basketballs and footballs and baseballs, oh my!

2 comments:

Mrs. Amaral said...

LOOK at your baby bump!! I love it. I am so excited for you I'm starting to cry....I am glad HE is healthy!

Anna

Gates & Tausha said...

uh yah, with jimmy how can you NOT have a "ball" room...only you i'm sure could get him out of that idea. :) ahha...you look great...i love the pop! :) congrats.