Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2.17.2009

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNGOOOO!

Week 19: Mango

Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.
_________________________________________________________
19 weeks... Almost half way! Woo. I'm feeling pretty good, no real complaints. I can't sleep and wake up a lot, but that's pretty much it.
We've got a stubborn little boy on our hands. I went in for some bloodwork on Thursday and the nurse once again couldn't find the heartbeat. I thought for sure there'd be no issues at 18 weeks, but sure enough she couldn't find it. She left me in there to freak out alone for 10 minutes while I waited for the Dr. Sure enough as soon as the doc put the little doppler on my stomach, there he was. He likes making me freak out apparently. Already getting his sense of humor from his father. About gave me a heart attack.
Here is the weekly belly pic. It gets bigger/fuller as the day goes on. I'll try to remember to take one at the end of the day so you can see the difference in the AM vs. PM... it's kinda weird.


Anywho, that's about it. I'll keep ya'll posted on any happenings...

1 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad you are both doing well, and that he's getting you used to waking up in the middle of the night :).

There is actually truth to your little one liking you to freak out. When you worry your heartbeat goes up and it makes the baby more active! Ours did the same thing every time - I hated that dopler!