Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

3.24.2008

Lunchtime Antics Part I

Working in the high budget state office we work in leads to interesting lunch times. In a recent effort to budget our lives, Traci and I have been bringing our lunch. With limited space, we use our conference room as our lunch room from 12-1 (and if your meeting runs past noon in the conference room, be prepared to face death). These lunch meetings tend to be relatively entertaining and usually a lot more than mildly annoying. The annoying portion of lunch can usually be attributed to one person... we will call her "Laugh Talk" or LT for short. For the entertainment of myself and Traci, I will begin to document these lunchtime antics and LT's super annoying ways.

For Lunchtime Antics Part I, I will give you the background on LT and how/why she is so annoying.

LT's Annoying Habits:

  1. She talks and laughs at the same time making the ability to understand what she is saying thoroughly difficult (hence the nickname LT)
  2. She laughs at what she thinks is hilarious, but is usually so irrelevant to what you are talking about and so lacking in anything even remotely funny that the story ends up making you laugh because it is so absurd to begin with.
  3. She will make any conversation you are having about her.
  4. She went to private school and won't let you forget it... frequently asking newbies at the lunch table, "So, what was public school like?"
  5. She NEVER has anything relevant to say... EVER... and no matter what she is saying, it is said with the LT...
  6. She is horribly socially awkward...
  7. On most days her pants are two sizes too small.
  8. She refers to her husband as "my husband"... most of us have met him multiple times, we know his name... call him by his name...

So moving on to today's antics by LT:

We were all finishing up our lunches talking about my recent trip to Reno to visit the familia. I was talking about my brother and how he is too smart for his own good and will frequently fail tests on purpose to see how people will react (he is a weird child... I know). LT chimes in, "Don't they have COG programs for him?" I wanted to ask her if that was something they have in private schools because none of us public school minions knew what she was talking about.

Oh, and she always talks about ASU baseball. Granted, 80% of our office went to ASU, which is great, and a lot of people like baseball, but she thinks she is the coolest person EVER because she goes to the ASU baseball games... really, college baseball? I dunno, maybe that jus annoys me. And while I was boasting about how WSU was playing UNC in the sweet sixteen semifinals, all she could say was "all of my teams are out"... who freaking cares, shut your mouth LT!

And the winner of today's lunch time random interjection of the day... We were talking about something random, not sure what exactly... LT starts laughing, which we all know will lead to the OBNOXIOUS laugh-talk and what does she say... OH DEAR LORD HELP US!

"We were on our way to the Sunrise Service for Easter and we saw a bunny cross the road and my Grandma said, 'Oh, look there's the Easter Bunny' and it was just funny because it was Easter and we saw a bunny..."

Really??? WTF LT?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure this will by far be my favorite portion of your blog. I was sitting in the room and reading still made me laugh out loud!!

Anonymous said...

This is freakin hilarious!!! I love it! Keep em' comin...