Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

6.29.2009

8 POUNDS!

38 weeks. I'm huge. My feet are swollen. I feel like I've been kicked in the crotch. Moving at all is a chore but staying in the same position hurts too. There is no happy medium. But I couldn't be more excited to be THIS close to meeting my little monkey. And that's what I've taken to calling him lately... is that mean? I think it's cute, and endearing...

Anyway, I had my Dr. appointment last Thursday. Sorry if this is TMI for some of you but, I'm a "fingertip" dialated and "still thick" meaning there is some progress, but not much. Which really... means nothing. The doctor said that he is by no means a small baby and guessed that he weighs about 8 pounds. Oh boy.

I was sent to the hospital after my appointment when I said he was moving, but not nearly as much as usual. I was hooked up for a non-stress test (NST) and baby was perfect, just sleeping. They gave me some juice and I got to listen to his heartbeat for about 40 minutes. He woke up toward the end and they said he sounded PERFECT. I was also having contractions every 3-5 minutes but couldn't really feel them, so again, progress, but not.

I got the final few things we needed this weekend including batteries for all the baby stuff, the changing pad and cover, and some stuff for me and my hospital bag. The only remaining to dos are to get the second car seat base installed in Jimmy's car and to get my hospital bag packed. I'm hoping I need that hospital bag sooner than later. Although no matter what, the end is in sight! He is a big boy, so hopefully he's ready to come out and meet the world!

Here are some pics of the nursery. We're in a rental, so we really couldn't do anything with the walls. I still need to hang up the football pics (need the frames still... oops).


And here is me at 38 weeks. He's starting to drop making it very uncomfortable to do anything... especially walk. And I have to pee every 2.5 seconds...

3 comments:

Mrs. Amaral said...

Aww...its all ready. me like a lot. :-)

Shanny said...

The nursery is adorable!!! Can't believe you are almost there!!!!

Gates & Tausha said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO excited...come out little guy!