Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

6.19.2009

My Banana.

This is my best friend. Her name is Anna. (Also in this pic is her husband Joey's finger...).

Anna and I "met" August of 2003. We were sophomores at Washington State and had both just moved in to the Alpha Phi house on campus. It was immediate love. Well, it was immediate drunken love. Her and I bonded on our walk home from a frat party and declared that we were going to be roommates. That semester and the following year or so were super hard for Anna and all I could do was be there the best I could. We shared a lot of great ups and downs in our time at WSU and I know I couldn't have made it without her.

That spring her and I drove down to Idaho to visit my Dad. He had no idea we were coming, that is the last "great" memory I have of him and I share that with her. She was there for me in every possible way that May and the following year after he passed away and she kept me sane. The next spring, Anna lost her Mom. While we both acknowledged that losing a Mom vs. losing a Dad are very different things and very different relationships, having each other to lean on was a life saver for both of us and made us even tighter. This is the root of our deep friendship, but all the fun we've had has made it even stronger.

Everytime we'd get in her car we'd play Usher's "Yeah" and roll down the windows driving around campus.

We'd ditch class on some days just to lay in our room and watch back to back seasons of Friends.

Working at the Fieldhouse as Beer Wenches selling beer tickets to old drunk alumni.

I started a lot of fights for her that she was too meek and nice to start herself... :)

There are so many more amazing memories I have with my Amazine Anna Banana Hammock.

She was a bridesmaid in my wedding, I was one in hers. She's been the best support ever during our loss of our first baby and through this entire pregnancy.

I just wanted to put it out there to the world that Anna is my best friend and I love her more than life. You mean the world to me. I love you!

Now come visit me dammit!

1 comments:

Mrs. Amaral said...

That just made me smile and cry all at the same time. You are the best! I thank you for being there for me when I needed you the most, especially today. I could not imagine having to do this without your support! I love you and thank you for everything you do!!!