Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

6.01.2009

Giving the man his way...

So, we'd discussed bedding quite a bit and had agreed to disagree. He told me to pick whatever I wanted. I said fine and being the semi-only-child that I am: [ I was an only child for 13 years and then gained my adorable baby brother (who's now almost 12... which makes me almost 25... sheesh... on to another happier subject.) I also tacked on four step-sisters, three step-brothers and a half-sister that doesn't know she's my sister (another story for another day) along the way. Now you see why I say semi-only-child. Even though I'm not technically an only child, I was for 13 years and by then the mentality is established, so I suppose I am one at heart.]

Ok, done with the random tangent. So I took it upon myself to try to create a sleek, modern nursery and somehow incorporate sports in to the decor without blantanly screaming "MY CHILD WILL BE ATHLETIC" (god I hope... please don't take after me...) to the entire world. I tried to ensure Jimmy that just becuase the nursery wasn't covered in footballs and baseballs that our little boy would still love sports. He was non-chalant about it and didn't seem to mind. I told him we'd go with an "All-Star" theme and use stars and then incorporate footballs in to it. Cute, right? I know!

So this is the bedding I had picked out:
Fast forward to this weekend. Hadn't talked bedding in a LONG time. Jimmy and I made one final trek to Babies R Us to finalize the registry and were walking through the bedding section. I showed him AGAIN what I'd picked out and he stuck his nose up at me. So, we began walking the bedding aisle. He of course zoomed in on the oh so manly sports bedding. It wasn't as hideous as some of the previous options he'd proposed, so I gave in.

Introducing our new bedding. I suppose it could be worse!

0 comments: