Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

6.22.2009

At week 37, your pregnancy is considered full term, meaning baby is likely to thrive after birth. Baby spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world… meaning careful refinement of the blink, suck, inhale and exhale. Meconium, which you’ll probably find in the first diaper, is accumulating in the intestines. If (okay, as) you worry about giving birth, consider what it’s like for the little one. During the journey out of your womb, baby will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life.
_____________________________

Full-Term. AH! Feels like such a milestone has been reached. And feels like I've been pregnant FOREVER! Which I have. I tell him nightly that he can now come whenever he wants... which means now. GET OUT! Just kidding (kinda).

Anyway, I'm more than slightly uncomfortable. My feet are super swollen and hurt, I can't sleep, I have to pee all the time, it hurts when he moves, I feel like I've been kicked in the crotch... I could go on and on. But all of that is irrelevant becuase I will be meeting my baby in three weeks or less. AH! Let me say that again... AH!

Nursery is mostly ready. I need to buy a changing pad and cover and wash a few more minor things. I need to get my bag packed and I need to find a dog sitter. Other than that, we are pretty much set. The house could use one more deep clean and I think I'm going to stock up on some freezer meals.

This weekend we installed the car seat, still need to install the base in the other car and put together the pack n play for our bedroom. I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep him in our room for the first few weeks while we get into the swing of nursing and understanding each others sleep patterns and all that fun stuff. We shall see. I'm usually a planner, but I've been pretty good about being nonchalant about all this and will be okay with learning it day by day.

Jimmy is getting excited I think. For Father's Day, I blew up some of his action shots from his football days at the University of Idaho to frame and put up in the nursery as decor. I didn't get to the store to get frames (long story), but I gave him the pics anyway. He seemed to like them. Anyone who knows my husband knows he isn't one to put his feelings out there, but I think I saw a hint of pride... :) I think it's pretty cool for Jace to have some action shots of his Daddy's glory days on his bedroom walls. Not many kids have a Dad who has pics like that!

And here is the pic from this week. My belly is starting to take on an odd shape.

1 comments:

Shanny said...

Wow amazing how skinny you still look with just the baby bump!

Sorry you've been so uncomfortable but like you said 3 weeks or less and the baby will be out =)