Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

4.13.2009


This video inspires me. I kind of "know" one of the women in it and she shared it with me today...

I often comtemplate the role of God in my life. I definitely see myself as a spiritual person, but I find myself being a critic of organized religion as a whole. I've been burned a lot by members of organizations who are supposed to be serving God. They've always come across to me as having a holier than though attitude and have sometimes been very judgemental. I also disagree with some of the "requirements" that go along with belonging to a church.

With that said, I think I could use a little more guidance in my life. I want to make sure that the message of God (whoever he or she may be) is not lost on me in my everyday life. I think I will begin looking into some churches near me to see if I can find one that doesn't impose a lot of these "requirements" on me. If I can find one with accepting members who will not judge. I feel like only good can come from finding a church to belong to. We'll see how it goes, but it's been something I've been chewing on for a while.

1 comments:

Traci said...

Good luck in your quest!