Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

4.29.2009

He's getting Squashed!

Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

________________

I know I'm a few days late updating, sorry Mom. You can quite harassing me now!

Anyway, 29 weeks. Baby is approximately the size of a squash and he's growing fast meaning he is starting to feel squashed in there. He has been really active lately and I feel him rolling around more than I feel actual kicks. Some of them are starting to hurt a little too!

We ordered our crib last weekend and we are going with Jimmy's mom to get the dresser this weekend, so two big purchases have check marks, yea!!! We're pretty much done registering I think. Well I am, I did it all online. I want to take Jimmy with me this weekend to do a walk through at the store to get any little extras. We've registered for most things at Target and a few little things at Babies R Us. It's amazing how much these little people require...

I think Jace scared Jimmy this morning. He had his arm around my belly when we were laying in bed and Jace was wiggling around. I didn't say anything because I was waiting for him to react and it took him a while. Jace kicked REALLY hard and Jimmy goes, "Was that him?" I was like no, my stomach just has convulsions... Yea it was him! He was like, "Wow, that's weird." Yea, tell me about it! He's such a dork.

Anyway, I am apparently having 3 baby showers! I was only planning on two, one work and one family/friend, but I realize the family/friend list was getting a little out of control. Then a friend called and offered to throw one, so now I get to have one work, one friend, and one family. Friend shower will be on 5/30, Family shower will be on 6/6, and I can't remember what day we talked about doing the work one...

Anywho, here is this week's pic. I was informed this morning that it's time to go shopping... apparently my maternity clothes are getting too tight... And if one more person tells me that I look like I'm ready to pop I'm going to punch them. I have two more months people! I am a short little person, I have a small little torso... he has no where to go but out. Leave me and my big stomach alone!!!

0 comments: