Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

5.30.2008

The most AMAZING woman I know.

I totally should have done this like three weeks ago for Mother's Day, but... I suck... so I'm doing it now!

It's one thing to have an awesome mom... it's another thing entirely to have a mom who is your best friend. A lot of people think it's weird that I talk to my mom everyday, but I don't. Why wouldn't I want to talk to her everyday. She is truly an incredible mother and an amazing person in general. She is so thoughtful, so caring, and has put up with me for 23 (almost 24) whole years!

Here are a few reasons why I love you Mom:

1) You lead by example. You have literally "been there, done that" and are an amazing role model. You guide your children with a gentle hand, but don't press me even when you know I'm doing something wrong. I appreciate all the advice and have learned over the last few years that you really do know what you're talking about and I shouldn't question it. :)

2) You are the strongest person I know. Having gone through everything you've been through you are still an amazing, gentle, caring person. You have always taught me that just because we may have obstacles in life, they are not excuses. As you know, this has made me a better person.

3) You are sarcastic and witty, and you passed it on to me. I love that over the last couple years I have learned that my sense of humor comes from you. You're a funny lady!

4) You don't let your children be losers or moochers. I love that you taught me independence and that when I was ready to use it, you let me. Even though I'm sure it was the hardest thing you ever had to do, you let me go and I appreciate it.

5) I see you in me more and more everyday. Knowing that I am shaping up to be like you is an honor.

I love you Mommy! I can only hope that when the time comes I can be half the mother that you have been for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe!!! It's not wierd....I talk to my Mom everyday too....it's a good thing!

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome that you and your mom are so close... I'm as close to my mom, but I not lucky enough to get to talk to her everyday... It's a very good thing!

Anonymous said...

You make it easy to be a good mom, you're one awesome kid! You always brought me sunshine on my darkest days. I am so very proud of you!! Now, if I could just get through to your brother!!

I love you pumpkin!