Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

5.12.2009

Can't... Breathe...

31 Weeks.

As your baby's senses increase, his mommy's breathing room decreases.Chances are your diaphragm is feeling a little cramped these days. Okay, a lot cramped. That's because your uterus is pushing up against it, crowding your lungs and making it more difficult for them to expand fully. The result: Your body is spare on air, and will be until your baby drops near the end of pregnancy in preparation for birth. Your baby, however, is happy as a clam since he gets all the oxygen he needs through the placenta. Weighing in at three-plus pounds and measuring 18 inches long, he's quickly approaching his birth length though he's got to pack on another three to five pounds before D-day. Also developing at an impressive clip: your baby's brain connections (he's got to make trillions of them!). He's now processing information, tracking light, and perceiving signals from all five senses. He's also putting in longer stretches of sleep, which is why you're probably noticing more defined patterns of awake (and moving) periods and sleeping (pretty still) periods.

So... I can totally relate to the not being able to breath thing. As we speak, I'm pretty sure I have a foot jabbing in to my right lung. But that's just a hunch. Other than that, my rings are THIS CLOSE to not fitting anymore. I bought a fake one, but haven't worn it yet. They didn't have it in a size 6, so I bought a size 7... it's a little big (my regular wedding ring is a size 4.5). Swelling is still relatively mild, but my shoe wardrobe is now limited to my dressy flip flops and my regular flip flops. Pretty sure that doesn't fit well with the office dress code, but I don't care.

Other than that, nothing major. Found out I DO NOT have gestational diabetes, yea. Everything seems to be progressing normally and he seems perfectly healthy. I'm getting ramped up for my showers to come... yea!

So, I came to the conclusion yesterday that I probably won't see our little man again until he's born. I don't think I will have any more ultrasounds unless it is medically necessary. This made me sad. So, I started pricing out the elective ultrasound places, you know the ones that do the 3D/4D ultrasounds. I found one here who do them... it's a 20-30 minute session, you get to walk away with a DVD of the whole session and a CD of all the pics. Sweet Deal. And they're giving me an extra $20 off because their West Valley office is closing so I have to drive to the other side of town. My dilemna was how to pose spending $109 on this to the husband.

He walked right in to my trap! We weren't able to make it to the other side of town to see his Mom on Mother's Day. He was going to go out with her this week for lunch, but decided we'd head over there Saturday. I happen to have just found out that the place had an opening for an appointment on Saturday at 2:30. So, I slyly said, well, what would your Mom think about coming with us to a 3D/4D ultrasound? He always says she feels so disconnected from us, so what better way for her to feel bonded, right? He asked how much, I told him. He asked when, I told him. I then suggested we keep it a surprise and take her on the way to lunch on Saturday. He loved it... So, by convincing him it was his brilliant idea, I get to see my little boy in 3D this weekend. YEA! I'm so smart. :)

Here is this week's pic. He's getting big!

0 comments: