Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

6.13.2008

Father's Day

In honor of Father's Day:

My favorite memories:

  • Mom telling me no, you ALWAYS telling me yes.
  • The many MANY times you embarassed me in public. Following me around Target pretending to be "mentally challenged" while dragging your feet and slapping your hand against your chest screaming my name at the top of your lungs with a pretend lisp. Just because you thought it was funny.
  • The time I surprised you one weekend when Anna and I ventured the 7 hour drive from Pullman to Twin Falls. I was talking to you on the phone on Saturday morning asking what's for breakfast and then I walked through the front door and you dropped the phone and hugged me and picked me up and swung me around.
  • The time you chased me around the Western Days Street Dance when I was in High School and tried to get me to dance with you. You were a goofy dancer and I was a teenager, so I wouldn't dance with you. the people around us thought you were harrassing me.
  • How you were always there to listen to me and how you always took my friends under your wing.
  • Our two AM discussions over a giant bowl of cereal.
  • How you'd leave me leftovers in the microwave for when I got home from work after you went to bed.
  • How you always called me "Baby Girl" even when I was all grown up.

It's been four years since you left. I miss you each and every day, but it's gotten easier. I sure do miss you and I love you just as much as ever. You've missed a few things. I got married. I own a home. I moved to Arizona. I'm all grown up Dad. I know that you know this because I know that you watch out for me. I take comfort in talking to you in the car sometimes when I'm alone. I know that you are finally happy and that you want nothing more than for me to be happy, and I am. I'm keeping an eye on Chelsea and she is turning into an amazing young woman! She's getting her license, can you believe it??? Anyway, I love you daddy.

Happy Father's Day!

Still your baby girl--

Elysia

2 comments:

Mrs. Amaral said...

aww...that made me cry!!! you truely are an amazing women. love ya!! i'll be there soon!!!!!!!!!!

Liz said...

Elysia,
Hi! I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog. You're in Phoenix! You'll have to e-mail me your address so we can get together when we get there. How fun!
Hope all is well! Your blog is wonderful, by the way.
Liz
lizkasper@gmail.com