Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

3.09.2009

Weeks 22-25: Papaya!

Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

22 weeks, holy moly. The countdown is on. I started a registry online last week, but mostly just so I could keep track of what I like in one place. We need to start finalizing it, but that will probably take a bit longer. I think I decided on a nursery theme. I want to go with really simple so it can grow with him. I'm thinking colors very similar to my blog design, blue and brown. Accents will be footballs! That way I can incorporate the sports element for Jimmy but not have gawdy sports stuff everywhere. Have you seen the sports bedding sets? They are fugly. Anyway, it's becoming more and more real that this little man will be here soon. Wow, the whole sense of responsibility is starting to weigh in. Wow is about the only word that describes it.

Pretty sure Jimmy felt the little man move Friday night, although he doesn't quite believe it. We were sitting on the couch and he had his hand on my stomach. I usually have to force this as it kind of weirds him out for some reason. Anyway, little man was wiggling around like crazy and I just kept looking at Jimmy to see if he could feel any of it. He gives a big kick and Jimmy kind of looks at me wide eyed but didn't say anything. I said, "well?" He goes, "I think I felt something, did he move?" I said yes, but then Jimmy went in to denial mode and was like, no I don't think I felt anything, I don't know... blah blah blah. Ugh, men. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he feels him for REAL.

Nothing else to add. Still hungry a lot, trying to get out and walk everynight.

There was an incident in Phoenix this week where a newborn baby was attacked and killed by the family dog. Kind of scary, but just stresses that even the most loving dogs need to be trained and prepared for baby. We are setting out to buy a baby doll this week and start pretending it's real around the dogs to teach them basic "baby" manners. It should be interesting.

Anyway, I took a belly pic this AM, but I was super tired so it's not centered and a little lopsided. I will retake tonight and post tomorrow. :)

1 comments:

Shanny said...

Awwww so cute that Jimmy is second guessing himself, he'll be sure soon enough :)