Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10.28.2008

Days like this...

It's times like this that remind me I am one smart cookie. Seriously, there are some people in this world that are so freaking stupid. How do they survive? And why are they allowed to procreate?

The register girl at Subway, I hand her a gift card, she looks at me and asks if it's a point card... really, don't you work here? Don't you know the difference? The sandwich boy at Subway, the line is held up by the challenged girl at the register so he just keeps on taking orders even though she is 15 people deep. The customers aren't even near the counter and he just keeps taking orders. At one point, they lose track of whose turkey sandwich they are working on and have to ask the crowd. Seriously? I'm obviously smarter than they are.

The tool at the bar on Saturday night. I ask him where the girls bathroom is. He shakes his head like he has no idea so I walk away. Him and his friend start laughing. I turn around and the bathroom is down the hall the opposite direction. They think they are hilarious for tricking me into walking the wrong way. I smack his chest as I walk by and tell him he's a tool. I realize now I could have gotten knocked out by the drunk guy for slapping him in the chest at a bar, but I was a little intoxicated and he pissed me off. I'm obviously smarter than him.

The imbeciles I work with who think the world will end if the ACT database isn't restored in 0.5 seconds. Really, the world does not end if the ACT database is down, we are fine. All we do is play on the internet all day anyway, so we don't give a crap if the server crashes. Given that we may or may not have jobs next month makes us not want to get our work done. But please, PLEASE, run down the hall and tell me the server is back up and I can get back online. Oh, and you too, oh and one more. Cuz I needed 8 people to tell me I can get back into the database. (this didn't happen to me directly as I don't use this particular database, but I'm venting like I know the intern wanted to.) I'm totally smarter than these people (and have way better things to do than obsess over the server. :)

The idiot behind the front desk at our hotel this weekend. I walk into the hotel and stop at the front desk. The girl just stares at me. I'm waiting for a greeting or some indication that she wants me to say something. She just stares. I say, "Uh, Labita?" She types in my name. Asks me to write down my car make/model. Asks if I want one key or two. No Hi how are you, no welcome to Shilo Inn, NOTHING. Does she know she works in the hospitality industry? What does that word mean? And not only was it her. In the two entire days we were at that hotel, in and out multiple times a day, we were only greeted once, as we were checking out. Again, I'm WAY smarter than these people.

I love feeling smart. It makes me happy.

What makes you happy?

1 comments:

Mrs. Amaral said...

You want to know what makes me happy? When you write about stupid people...I really enjoy that. God knows how many seriously stupid people we encounter every day. I do too often wonder why they are allowed to procreate.